2013年11月7日星期四

Please join and pray for my “Songs of Joy” Medical team for Chinese orphans in this coming December


“Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, ‘The Lord has done great things for them.”—Psalms 126:2 (NIV)

My dear family in Christ,

Thank you for your prayers and supports. God is very faithful to me as he has always been. He is supplying all my daily needs through people around me. I am writing this letter to invite you to my prayers petition—to pray for my organization of a medical trip to China this winter, my plane tickets, and the serving plan. For the past two weeks I feel our Father is confirming His vision to me over and over again: bring a medical team to China and serve at an orphanage I worked at. Yes, in this coming December. Prayers are much needed. Thank you.

God’s plan is always incredible. As you all know, the reason why I am in America studying speech pathology is because I saw the medical needs for the special needs children (esp orphans) in China. God did bring me here, with all the prayers and financial help(FB page). In my tuition-fundraising video(video here, I said that I want to set up a foundation and bring a medical team after I worked in the U.S.—my limited human mind was thinking only by working for several years will I know enough therapists and then be able to organize a team. But our God is the all-power and awesome God, He wants this team come much earlier than I have expected---“why not this winter?”

As soon as I arrived Memphis, a girl who is one year ahead in my program (now my closest Christian sister here), Kara, took me to her church. I would never expect God has already got parts ready before I start my life on this new land! Besides a vision for International outreach, this church consists of doctors, students in med-school, OT, PT, Dentistry, and Speech Pathology. Moreover, at first I was not bold enough to share my story to people around, but God used my fundraising video and mutual friends to let His story heard. Thus, God has been opening doors for me to share his goodness and let people know what is happening in China. People came to me and said they are interested in going to China with me. But, my human brain was procrastinating, thinking: “maybe not this soon. Going to China is expensive, and I’ve just stayed here for 3 months, I don’t think I am equipped with enough speech pathology knowledge.”

However, God kept revealing and reminding me of my dream. I start to ask myself recently: why am I postponing? Why I say no when there can be a possibility? Because of the costs? Or do I doubt God won’t be this fast? Meanwhile, my professors told me if I ever plan to go to China, this winter will be the best time--my schedule next summer will be filled with schools and clinics. There are too many uncertainties next year. So why not act right now and see if it will work out this December? I don’t need to be fully equipped--the kids can’t wait and there is never a “fully prepared time” for God. And there are other equipped folks who are willing to go with me. So why am I so self-centered?

Therefore, a long winter break, at least one experienced clinician has joined, the orphanage I am going to is in need of staff…these things are telling me “yes, that’s God, trust Him and move on!” . I want to conduct therapy-based classes, and this will be my first organized trip before the numerous medical teams in the future. Also, my friends and I will be a better team of advocates for the needs. The dream God has given to me is so big: to set up a foundation and bring people with medical skills to help the special needs kids in various places in China. The organization will also invite college students as volunteers and share the good news to them--because the youth are the change of China. This first trip is small, maybe it only ends up with 2 members, but it is the fundamental step of a second step.

While I started organizing and sharing about the trip, I checked the plane tickets and got a bit frustrated: the 10,000RMB (around $1800) plane tickets are too expensive for me, when my family only makes a minimum wage (4500RMB=$750/mo) and we are paying the mortgage loan for my school. Before I left, my parents have already prepared not to see me for at least two years because of the costs.

“The Lord is my shepherd, I shall lack nothing.” (Psalm 23:1 NIV). So, my family in Christ, please lift this trip plan and my financial difficulty up for me. Prayers and Financially help will be greatly appreciated, if God led you to. In our last fundraising campaign for my tuition fee, we received $12,700. Yes, from $0 to $12700. It was a milestone for me and my parents who aren’t believers yet. I have the wealthiest Daddy in the world (and heaven!). I believe, if it is His will, I will be in China holding the special treasures in my arms, with my team, in this December.

“I will trust your unfailing love.” Thank YOU for holding my hand every step of the way.


没有评论:

发表评论