2018年10月21日星期日

Day 5- Help my mother fight Guillain-Barré syndrome

Today when I contacted my mom, she was in good spirit. Mother showed me that she could lift her forearm a little bit, but her entire body still look like noodles - without any strength. Mother was telling me how much she appreciates all the help that was given to her. However, she mentioned a friend of hers came and jokingly said that: “did you do something really bad that you are getting your punishment?”  As my mom mentioned this, tears swelled in her eyes. My dad was weeping too. WE DON’T understand why this one in a million disease occurred to my mom. I have had a very hard day this Saturday because of all the things my family and I have to endure. WHY? This is the question that keeps echoing in my heart.

“Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:2-5‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Today our pastor prayed for us, and his prayer reminded me of the MANY stories of Jesus and his disciples healing the sick and paralyzed. What a “coincidence”!? I believe this is going to be a saving story for my parents too.
Praises:
1. She has be gaining strength. We have had some good conversations about life.
2. Mother’s siblings and my dad have been working together to swerve my mom.
3. We have received some generous donations.

Prayer requests:
1. My mother will get better each day. She will have a good physical therapist for her. She will be able to walk
2. My dad will stay healthy. He is very tired. And my mom may need help for months or a year until she fully recovers.
3. Financial support. They are still carrying a heavy financial burden. Please consider supporting us if you felt led to, and to share this with your friends: https://www.gofundme.com/help-my-mom-fight-guillainbarre.

This blog is just to document this special journey that my family is on. I believe it is a journey that God brings my parents to the true healing - spitually and physically!

没有评论:

发表评论