2012年4月18日星期三

Day 1// 1.visiting my grandpa; 2. A talk with parents; 3. a christian relative passed away today.


Since I have limited access to the Internet, here are some updates of my mission that I sent to my host family, with no elimination.

1.       I went to see my grandpa yesterday afternoon. He is still in the ICU and we can only see him through a glass wall and we can only communicate with him by writing notes. He kept saying that he doesn’t feel well and he wants to move to the general ward/emergency room. During the visit, I tried my best not to weep but I failed, though hiding emotion is my specialty. Moreover, I brought a album to him, which contains my pictures as a volunteer and the American trip. He read it and I thought he might cried as well, for I saw him swept his eyes. We can't see his face though the glass wall.

In addition, my mom has asked the doctor and he told us that my grandpa can be moved to the general ward as long as we get the approval from the department of respiration, for my grandpa still needs something to assist him to breathe. Praise the Lord! I pray that my grandpa can recover soon, so that I can talk with him face to face and send him THE GOOD NEWS!

2.       Last night my father brought up the topic of Christianity, thankfully, it was in a kind way. Then my parents and I had a conversation about God. The progress is that, my mom accept the fact that I am a Christian and she said I can have my own belief, whereas, they will have theirs. I don’t know whether it is a good sign or not, but I believe God is watching all of these!

During the conversation, my father told me that one of his relatives is a Christian, and he was almost asked to be a Christian when he was as young as I am. But he went to college and put it aside. My mom also told a story about this relative, saying that in their family they still have Buddhism customs (I guess maybe because of other family members are not Christians) and some spiritual things happened---during one family member’s funeral, they used the Christian way as well as the Chinese way, then days after, another family member had a car accident, the victim said he saw it was the died family member drove him to the telegraph pole. Thus, my mom said that she thinks there are probably some spiritual things in this world, yet she is not sure and she doesn’t want to follow all the customs, in case of doing something wrong and upset the God (whatever God it is).

3.       Today the relative I mentioned above (the Christian my father knows) passed away. She was very sick (she is more than 90 years old) and my Mom decided to pay a visit to her. When she arrived, the relative has already gone to heaven. Since the elderly sister has helped my father a lot when he was a teenager, my parents decided to stay at her house for 1 more day. I don’t know whether it is a chance that God has given to us or not, maybe when they come back I can tell them that the lady is going to heaven? I don’t know…

God is almighty, I trust in him! 
9 days left…

Thank you ALL for caring and praying for me, it makes me feels that I am not alone.
Joanna

没有评论:

发表评论